[digiKam-users] [SOLVED] Re: SSL Handshake Failed - Geolocating images with Open Street Map

Dougie Nisbet dougie at katsura.uk
Thu Oct 7 12:36:59 BST 2021

After establishing that this wasn't connected with Debian version
(Buster / Bullseye) I did a fresh install of Debian Bullseye (the
current Debian stable distro) and checked that I still got the error. I
did. This was using the DK appimage.

I tried compiling DK from source but this failed. I think it was this:

https://www.mail-archive.com/kde-bugs-dist@kde.org/msg601054.html

So I downloaded the latest dK from
https://invent.kde.org/graphics/digikam and that compiled ok.

It does not produce the SSL Handshake error.

Dougie