[digiKam-users] Best practise for DigiKam backup?

Dougie Nisbet dougie at katsura.uk
Tue Nov 23 16:35:08 GMT 2021

I think it'll be different for everyone and may depend on platform
(Linux/OSX etc.).

I have digiKam configured to save everything in the image file. I don't
have different versions of photos. My collection is 460GB. I use rsync
to copy the images to a separate directory which is also a Dropbox
folder. If I have a disaster I will reinstall everything and rebuild my
digiKam db from the data contained in the image files.

Dougie