[digiKam-users] 7.3.0 Installation problem: "The SQLite core database was not found..."

Sebastian Esponda sesponda at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 06:12:10 GMT 2021

Hi all,

After a fresh install of the latest version, the first time I run Digikam I
get an error dialog "The SQLite core database was not found, please set the
correct location in the next dialog"

In the next dialog, I do that by selecting a directory that exists and has
proper permissions. However, the same error dialog appears.

I've tried installing it via the latest pkg file, and also tried via `brew
install -cask digikam` (Mac OS Big Sur).

What I'm missing?

Thanks,