[digiKam-users] howto improove face recognition rate?

KRODER Gerhard gerdst1 at gmail.com
Sun May 16 20:16:21 BST 2021

Hi,

now, some mor data....

After several runs and tagging face recogintion does not recognize any
more out of already found faces (~25k images, ~6k faces not recognized
~14k already tagged).  But there are /very much faces very similar/ to
already recoginzed/tagged ones.

Is there a way for me to icrease recognition rate?

I've done some "case studies" with my data. Current settings yolo_v3,
with accuracy rate at

  * 100%  does not suggest any recogniton
  * 95% finds one downscaled/compressed jpg (rate to 10% size=225kB, no
    edits)
  * 90% one more suggestion but very inaccurate/wronn
  * 85% found 3 more suggestions, one a perfect match, one a fairly
    reasonable, one bad
  * 80% aims to recoginze/suggest  some more, but with a very low
    recoginition rate (17/6000), and low match rate (10/71)

As i mentioned, having lots of very similar faces assinged already, i
would assume this a poor recognition rate. (6k  pics, ~20% very similar
to already tagged ones, but not found any suggestion.)

 From the manual, it is suggested to remove tagged "weird" faces
(carneval or other not very clear representations), to prevent false
suggestions. But this would lead to a  processing and suggestion next
run again, probably false again, wouldn't it?

Cheers, Gerhard