[digiKam-users] Face recognition speed?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri May 14 08:43:04 BST 2021

Hi,

Yes, the work on all processors needs optimizations. It's planned for this
summer where a student must work on this topic.

Also, we voluntarily disable the GPU computations with OpenCV backend used
in the background to perform DNN operations. It's planned to reactivate it
in the future.

There is also optimization to introduce in the data stream to database,
which must be more grouped to reduce database calls.

Gilles caulier