[digiKam-users] Setting lost after basic cleanup?

KRODER Gerhard gerdst1 at gmail.com
Thu May 13 13:05:29 BST 2021

Hi,

so, as conlusion for first incident, i assume my "cleanup" deleted local
conifg file accidentially.

But now again, i "lost" settings (path to file collection/ root album).
What i basically did:

  * moved folder with all collections/fotos to a  new usb drive (from a
    usb drive with flaky internal connector board)
  * ordered drive letters to match same letter as befor, (with new drive
    having different patition scheme, and different drive names)

DigiKam did not find previos collection path (like f:/digiKam), and
started without collection. When i looked  for config files then, there
were brand new timestamps for configuration files under
%userprofil%/appdata/local. Path to DB files (a local path) was still
known and valid.

How can this occure?  As i  mentioned, old drive had bad connector, and
dissaperared occasionally. I probably may have started digikam without
having  any of old or new drive connected. Does this "reset" collections
path?

At the end, there was no loss of tagging, faces and such. Yust some time
to reload root album rsb. file collection. I've added path for removable
drive again, and scan found everything then.

One thing else to mention: setup for  adding new removable drive did
know old folder name (same as new one), but did not show a path, so i
deletet this entry, after new entry did showup all expectet data. This
behaviour is somewhat unclear to me.