[digiKam-users] Renaming images in another root/album

Dougie Nisbet dougie at katsura.uk
Tue May 11 09:29:24 BST 2021

This was my first thought too but I got the impression that the OP had
their mind set on renaming using DK itself.

One of the main reasons I moved from Shotwell to DK is that DK is so
robust in allowing external renaming of files. I have a shell script
that extracts tags and timestamps and creates filenames based on that.
It's so useful and versatile to be able to search for a key piece of
information in a filename. Works across platforms.  Then whenever I
restart DK it automatically detects the filename changes and updates
itself. It's a real dealbreaker for me.

Dougie