[digiKam-users] face recoginition, handling for unconfirmed or not recoginzed

Thomas D sdktda at gmail.com
Mon May 10 19:52:47 BST 2021

Den man. 10. maj 2021 kl. 17.40 skrev KRODER Gerhard <gerdst1 at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> DK  offers potentially recogized faces, to confirm a name suggested.
> Sometimes this is wrong. Is it better (in terms of improove learning) to
> reject this, or better type/select name manually? I'd prefere first way,
> to keep my work low, but maybe second way is much faster (no rescanning,
> with maybe same results?)

AFAICT, rejecting a matched face will just cause DK to match the same face
to the same person next time. It will not update the detection model in any
way.
Please someone correct me if I am wrong.

> Same question applies to some faces accidentially confirmed with a wrong
> name. Delete from Person assignmen screen, or remove Tag manually?

I am eager to someone else weigh in on this as well. I think it is rather
confusing that there is no obvious way to revert an accidentally confirmed
incorrect match.