[digiKam-users] Is the problem local (me) or general

Maik Qualmann metzpinguin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 20:32:37 GMT 2021

Here under openSUSE Tumbleweed everything works without problems with an AMD
graphics card. Under Album Root I would guess that the Welcome HTML page
should be displayed. So I suspect that QTWebEngine is crashing on you.
QWebEngine is heavily dependent on supported graphics hardware. I also see 2
error messages "libGL error: unable to load driver: swrast_dri.so, libGL
error: failed to load driver: swrast". We already have bug reports on
QWebEngine. But there is no turning back, QWebEngine is the future and
openSUSE has also discontinued support for the older QWebKit. You probably
must waiting for native digiKam packets. The difference in size is due to the
fact that the face model data is no longer included and is downloaded from
digiKam once. You should have seen a download dialog.

Maik