[digiKam-users] How to learn Digikamefficiently

papertape plowmail2010 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 13:58:44 GMT 2021

To trparks1:
Fortunately you can work on your photo corpus 19 hours daily.  So your
one-week plan is feasible.  (Sorry... couldn't resist.)

Pardon the obvious: search YouTube for "digikam".  And search the web for
"digikam instruction".

Tagging your photos manually is straightforward, within the envelope of
photo managers, but assigning tags 70,000 times is a challenge.  You might
look at ExifTool.  It is command-line driven, so you can construct scripts.
(Yeah, I know, easy to say, but saying ain't doing.)  https://exiftool.org/

I tried Adobe Bridge's automatic analysis feature a couple of years ago, but
it was so whacky, I decided to label my negatives manually with Digikam.  I
have only about 2,000 negatives, though.

Cheer up; I remember seeing posts from people with 250,000 images.