[digiKam-users] wastebin problem

Andreas T. Ege andreas at spheniscid.net
Fri Mar 12 01:14:54 GMT 2021

Hello,

short amendment: when I try to restore some of the files in the wastebin
one image a time, I get a digikam dialogue telling me "could not restore
xxx from wastebin", without any further explanation.

3 messages on the command line, that seem to be significant:
digikam.database: No location could be retrieved for
"/home/spheniscid/bilder/privat/pentax/Alles/hochzeitstag_alexis_2013/web/IMGP4650.JPG"
digikam.general: Thumbnail is null for
"/home/spheniscid/bilder/privat/pentax/Alles/hochzeitstag_alexis_2013/web/IMGP4650.JPG"
digikam.database: No itemShortInfo could be retrieved from the database
for image "IMGP4650-7d938247-584d-462a-bf38-fb0f87cbc918.JPG"

Do I have a database problem?

Where does digikam actually place the wastebin on the harddrive? Would
it be possible to access that with a file browser and restore files
manually? Or is it "virtual" in the sense it is handled via the database?
--
Sincerely,

Andreas T. Ege
Dr. med. vet., MRCVS, MABVA