[digiKam-users] Default to open in external editor?

Chris Poldervaart vaarticus at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 13:43:25 GMT 2021

Perhaps I am missing something obvious, but I have been looking for a way
to open images (from thumbnail view) with an external editor as the default
open option.

I can right click on the image and choose "Open with" and then select my
editor, which is set to "always use this app", but I still have to click
the app to open - making it a two-step process.

If I choose "Open" it opens in the digikam editor.

Is there a setting to have it open in an external editor of choice as the
default open operation?

I love how well digikam is working as an importing and review tool, but I'd
like to open/edit in other applications.

Thanks,

CPO