[digiKam-users] Face Detection: How to remove unknown results and rescan with high %?

Edward Plume Signup at familieveer.nl
Fri Jun 18 00:44:28 BST 2021

Hi,

I did a detection scan with a (for me) to low % (70%), so got many invalid
faces. (Walls, trees, etc etc)
Now I do want to rescan my collection with a high % (90% or so), however
first want to get rid of all the invalid face detections.

*How can I remove the current "unknown" faces?*
- In People I can only rescan and merge which will NOT remove the invalid
faces.
- In Maintainance / Tools I can remove the invalid faces (unconfirmed
results) BUT it will also rescan with the default % which is 70% again. So I
end up with the same invalid faces again.

NB I thought about starting again but I have a collection of 55.000 images
and tagged 1000nds of faces.
I also tried to remove the digiKam dbs and read the current facial tags from
the actual images. That doesn't work since digiKam will read the people tags
but cannot indicate where the face is on the picture.