[digiKam-users] Exporting RAW as full-resolution JPEG

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jun 14 10:13:45 BST 2021

On dimanche 13 juin 2021 22:24:27 CEST Olivier Croquette wrote:

> But I just realized the actual deal-breaker is that the raw decoder used
> would be libraw, even though I use RawTherapee to edit them. It would
> ignore all my setting. So I guess I will just export from RT.

That would have been useful information from the start...
When exporting, digikam cannot use the editing info from RawTherapee (or any
external program), it doesn't understand RT's settings, and might not have the
required algorithms implemented. So to get the images you created in RT,
you'll **have** to export from RT.

In general, if you want to keep edits done with program X, you'll have to
export from program X, program Y will have no idea what to do with your edits
from X...