[digiKam-users] Exporting RAW as full-resolution JPEG

Olivier Croquette ocroquette at free.fr
Sun Jun 13 21:24:27 BST 2021

On 12/06/2021 20:40, Dmitri Popov wrote:
> Hi Olivier,
>
> What do you mean by "export outside of the albums"? Albums in digiKam are regular directories, so you can either move the exported photos to any other place manually, or you can specify the desired location directly in the Batch Queue Manager.

As far as I can see, the BQM allows only to save the output files in an
album. I guess I could create a specific album or collection just for
the export, and move the files somewhere else when the batch is
finished, but that is cumbersome process that doesn't feel right. I
don't want an export process to touch my collections and albums at all.

I didn't find any way to generate the files outside of the collections.
Are you sure this is possible?

But I just realized the actual deal-breaker is that the raw decoder used
would be libraw, even though I use RawTherapee to edit them. It would
ignore all my setting. So I guess I will just export from RT.

Olivier