[digiKam-users] Problem moving images to other albums

digikam at 911networks.com digikam at 911networks.com
Thu Jun 3 20:37:24 BST 2021

DK 7.2.0 appimage on Manjaro KDE (current)

DK root album is: /photos/

My workflow:

1. copy all images from the sd card to: /photos/intake
2. open DK
3. look through the album  /photos/intake, delete the out of focus,
rename from img_0138.cr2 to pano-granville-island-20210412-0138.cr2
(for example)
4. when done, move them to the "proper albums" with "right click >
move to album"

The problem is that DK "forgets" to also move the XMP files
associated with the images. They are left in the /photos/intake
folder and I need to move them manually (no xmp in the destination
album for these images).

BTW, my xmps are filename.xmp (not filename.ext.xmp). I don't know if
this related to that

--
sknahT

vyS