[digiKam-users] Bye bye digikam?

Ramnarayan.K Digikam ramnarayank+digikam at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 12:22:17 BST 2021

Thank you @Maik Qualmann <metzpinguin at gmail.com> and @dmpop

I usually use digikam primarily for organizing, tagging, geotaggin (newly
learnt) , exporting in bulk etc etc. I usually edit using darktable. So the
answers provided to the questions are very useful to me

On Tue, 27 Jul 2021 at 16:06, Maik Qualmann <metzpinguin at gmail.com> wrote:

> In the digiKam setup you can configure whether the JPG preview should be
> used
> or the whole image. In the case of RAW files, a preview is displayed in
> half
> RAW image mode.
>
> This is new - will try it , thanks

I found that digikam is over powered and its use, in my case,  is
restricted mostly by a) not always reading the fine manual b) not spending
enough time figuring out the options available.

thanks
ram