[digiKam-users] Switching from workstation internal databases to NAS or Cloud

Budge ajebay at errichel.co.uk
Tue Jan 26 16:39:13 GMT 2021

Real beginner here just starting with digiKam.  I am increasingly needing to work at different site and wish to use my laptop for editing tags and sorting pictures.

I understand there are suggestions for keeping my databases on a NAS and using MariaDB but many appear to be quite old.

Are there any up-to-date instructions on how I can do this using a NAS and is it possible to do this similarly but using cloud storage?  Please could somebody suggest the best links for these instructions.
Budge.