[digiKam-users] No selectable folders for root path

Edoardo Milan edoardo.milan at e.email
Mon Jan 18 22:52:48 GMT 2021

Dear brownphotographic,

thanks a lot for your answer! It's very kind of you to share all of
these informations and I really appreciate it, I wasn't aware of any of
the software you're pointing out.
Yes, I did install DK through flatpak (and through elementary's app
center itself) and I'm convinced now that that was the cause of my
issue.
By now I have already installed the appimage (and manually added it to
the apps menu), so I couldn't test Flatseal or AppImageLauncher out,
but I'm sure they will come in handy in the future.
I certainly agree flatpak apps are still quite clumsy to seamlessly
blend in the system, at least on elementary (although at least they
give the option to run more recent software).
AppImage, as I was saying, looks more solid -- but lacks native UX
integration for what I can see (It's like suddenly jumping from
Pantheon to KDE).
Thanks again for your help,

E.