[digiKam-users] digiKam fails to display some photos

noname at fastmail.net noname at fastmail.net
Sun Jan 17 22:55:20 GMT 2021

My setup: Linux Mint 19.3, digiKam 7.0.0 Appimage

I have been using digiKam successfully for some time now. When I look at my thumbnails, organized by date of photo, some days show no photos. Pointing to the directory of photos, the photos are there when viewed with my Linux Mint nemo viewer and it appears that only photos taken with my smartphone (Samsung Note 3, since retired) are the ones that don't display in digiKam.

Any suggestions for where to look? The properties of the photos look normal and I have necessary permissions.

Thanks for any help.

Jay Rutherford