[digiKam-users] DK 7.1 and 7.2 face recognition

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 09:51:46 GMT 2021

Le mer. 6 janv. 2021 à 05:26, <digikam at 911networks.com> a écrit :

> Hi,

Hi and happy new year...

> I use 7.1 appimage. Thanks to the whole team for the wonderful work
> and effort.

Thanks...

> One of the big thing of the new 7.2 will be the significantly
> enhanced face recognition.
>
> So far, I've never used that feature. I'd like to start to use it for
> friends and family.
>
> 1. Should I start with 7.1 or wait for 7.2?

7.2 definitively.

> 2. Will the 7.1 work done in 7.1 carry over to 7.2? or will it have
> to be redone. Then I should wait.

It's compatible, but it's better to start with next version.

> 3. What do you think that the time frame is for 7.2?
>    a: we are very close: end of January/February
>    b: we are close: spring
>    c: on the horizon: early summer

a). Look the release plan : https://www.digikam.org/documentation/releaseplan/

If all main pending bugs are closed, the release date will be respected.

January is also a special date for the project as it's the 20th
anniversary of digiKam.org...

You can also start to use 7.2.0 with current pre-release available here :

https://files.kde.org/digikam/

It's safe, all main bugs are already fixed. We are near the final release.

Best regards