[digiKam-users] DK 7.1 and 7.2 face recognition

digikam at 911networks.com digikam at 911networks.com
Wed Jan 6 04:25:15 GMT 2021

Hi,

I use 7.1 appimage. Thanks to the whole team for the wonderful work
and effort.

One of the big thing of the new 7.2 will be the significantly
enhanced face recognition.

So far, I've never used that feature. I'd like to start to use it for
friends and family.

1. Should I start with 7.1 or wait for 7.2?

2. Will the 7.1 work done in 7.1 carry over to 7.2? or will it have
to be redone. Then I should wait.

3. What do you think that the time frame is for 7.2?
   a: we are very close: end of January/February
   b: we are close: spring
   c: on the horizon: early summer

Thank you very much

--