[digiKam-users] Reverse geocoding

Hamnes Aaberge hh-aaber at online.no
Sat Feb 20 12:49:57 GMT 2021

Geolocation information is ticked, so that is not the problem. If I take a
picture and go to item-edit metadata I find the reverse geolocation under
keywords-edit XMP. Under the picture under remove tags I find on the top a
sign of a folder, under this I find the first to items in the reverse
geolocation (state and city), but not the rest.
I'have tried to rename digikam4.db, so a new one was made. Then there is no
problem, reverse geokoding work perfect. On the other hand mye folder
structure (made up of years, months and dates) are a complete mess. Of course
I could use some gours to clean up the folders, but I am afraid there is also
other things lost when the new database is used. I see that the old database
is much bigger than the new (153 MiB compared to 94 MiB). So there seems to be
something wrong in the database. I tried #perform database cleaning" with no
different result.

Svein