[digiKam-users] Maximum number of image can handle?

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Sat Feb 20 10:48:10 GMT 2021

Am 20.02.21 um 06:08 schrieb Prapan Chulapinyo:
> I use digikam for around 2 years. I believe I have image in catalog
> around 2x,xxx not sure how much coz it across many folders. Question is
> what is maximum number of image digikam can handle? I search around but
> not find the clear answer. 1xx,xxx ? 1M? Or depend on what? Say if one
> day I reach the limit how can I do? How expand?  Right now I use SQLite
> database.

My digikam folder contains approx. 300'000 files in approx. 3600 sub-
and sub-sub folders (I keep original raw images outside of digikam). I
am using the SQ-lite database.

Not the slightest problem.

I don't use face-recognition and almost no tagging, though, so my
digikam4.db has only about 200MB and thumbnails-digikam.db about 10GB.

--
Daniel Bauer photographer Basel Málaga
https://www.patreon.com/danielbauer