[digiKam-users] XMP sidecar file

mippo mippo9 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 15:21:13 GMT 2021

Hello,

I have some question about the XMP file, how and where the star grading,
color selection and color flags are stored.
Infact I need to share these info, especially the star grading, with
Darktable.
It seems DigiKam is not able to recognize the XMP info if modified by
another program (i.e. Darktable, or any text editor), it seems DK prefer to
use the info stored somewhere in its database, regardless of the new
variation coming from external (DT).
I'm trying all settings combination, including the "Group" picture feature.
Also it seems there is a little different behaviour, between Jpg and Raw
files.

(any suggestion ?)