[digiKam-users] Digikam 7.4, thank you and a couple of very minor issues

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 15:48:46 GMT 2021

Hi,

Le ven. 17 déc. 2021 à 15:18, Chris Green <cl at isbd.net> a écrit :

> I have just downloaded the Digikam 7.4 AppImage to my Linux (xubuntu
> 21.10) system, moving from Digikam 7.3.  It all works pretty much
> perfectly thank you all very much.
>
> I have a couple of (trivial) issues to report, they are probably
> unimportant but just for feedback running Digikam from the command
> line I see :-
>
>     [1217/140323.241254:WARNING:resource_bundle_qt.cpp(115)]
> locale_file_path.empty() for locale

This message comes from Qt5 core which is not compiled with the ICU
support. This is something that we need to fix when we will switch to Qt6.
Compiling Qt5 with ICU support give an infinite loop at digiKam startup.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Components_for_Unicode

> this appears several times, is something misconfigured on my system or
> is this just a warning about my system not having something so that
> Digikam uses defaults?
>
> Secondly I get this message:-
>
>     unknown: Unhandled container to remove :  Digikam::DigikamApp

This message comes from digiKam core when plugins are attached to a main
gui. You can ignore it as well.

Best

Gilles Caulier