[digiKam-users] HELP editing images in GIMP or Photoshop

Remco Viëtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Sun Dec 5 12:54:36 GMT 2021

On dimanche 5 décembre 2021 12:52:34 CET Dr Mark A. Garlick wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have installed Digikam on Linux Zorin and so far so good - except
> that I cannot edit any of my images in anything other than the default
> showFoto. If I go to Open With > Other.. neither GIMP nor Photoshop CS6
> is listed as an option. If I try to browse to the executable, the
> browser does not give me access to the folders where these apps are
> installed. It simply shows only a selection of folders, not the whole
> folder tree. If I try to past the path the the relevant executable, I
> get an error saying it's not an executable.
>
> I really need access to at least GIMP. I am using Digikam 7.3.0.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Many thanks.
GIMP should work, if it is installed. No idea if that's done by default on
Zorin.

Photoshop never has existed in a Linux version, so the best you
can hope for is that it runs under Wine, which is not guaranteed. Again, both
Wine and photoshop need to be installed on your computer.

And if you indeed get the message that the GIMP is found, but not executable,
perhaps check permissions?