[digiKam-users] HELP editing images in GIMP or Photoshop

Dr Mark A. Garlick magarlick2 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 11:52:34 GMT 2021

Hello

I have installed Digikam on Linux Zorin and so far so good - except
that I cannot edit any of my images in anything other than the default
showFoto. If I go to Open With > Other.. neither GIMP nor Photoshop CS6
is listed as an option. If I try to browse to the executable, the
browser does not give me access to the folders where these apps are
installed. It simply shows only a selection of folders, not the whole
folder tree. If I try to past the path the the relevant executable, I
get an error saying it's not an executable.

I really need access to at least GIMP. I am using Digikam 7.3.0.

Any ideas?

Many thanks.