[digiKam-users] Face detection/recognition with CUDA?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 13:12:58 BST 2021

Hi,

Yes, technically it's possible, but we have disable CUDA support at runtime
with OpenCV due to instability.

This need investigations to be reactivated. Read the story in bugzilla here
:

https://invent.kde.org/graphics/digikam/-/blob/master/core/app/main/main.cpp#L116

In fact, as you can read OpenCL is disabled, not CUDA, with a native Linux
Package. For all other as MAcOS and Windows, all is disabled at OpenCV
compilation (CUDA and OpenCL support).

https://invent.kde.org/graphics/digikam/-/blob/master/project/bundles/3rdparty/ext_opencv/CMakeLists.txt#L81

Best

Gilles Caulier