[digiKam-users] Read tags from a file

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 17:08:23 BST 2021

Hi,

I just tested with digiKam 7.4.0 daily build from today, and copied your
image and the sidecar in my local collection from my MacBook Pro, ... and
no problem. Tags are imported into the database.

Look the screenshot here :

https://i.imgur.com/58P4qhK.png

Of course, in digiKam setup Metadata Sidecar page, I turn on the option to
read XMP sidecar. In your MacBook DK setup, check the option, select the
items from icon view, and go to Item/ReRead Metadata From File menu option
to update the database with this setting.

Best regards

Gilles Caulier