[digiKam-users] Problem with adding Collection Digikam 7.3.0 (Windows 10)

Maik Qualmann metzpinguin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 22:20:23 BST 2021

I don't know exactly where the error is without a DebugView log file from
digiKam.

Two things:

Virtual folders are be used under Windows to move the image folder from C: to
another drive. digiKam does not support virtual folders, you always have to
specify the physical path.

It can happen that the drive UUID of the drives C: and D: are the same, then
digiKam cannot distinguish the drives. Either format a drive, it then receives
a new UUID or change the collection to a network collection in digiKam
settings, then only the path is used for identification.

Maik