[digiKam-users] Using Exiftool with DigiKam

Dan Phillips dan.phillips.51 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 00:18:29 BST 2021

Hi,

I am using DigiKam 7.3.0 on a linux box running Ubuntu 20.04.
I have exiftool V 11.88 installed by apt-get in /bin and /usr/local/bin
Exiftool is working as expected from the command line

In settings -> configure DigiKam -> Metadata there is a tab for Exiftool.
There I find a search option to allow the use of Exiftool for
manipulation of metadata. I cannot seem to navigate to any directory that
will allow me to enable exiftool. I have also tried the download button,
but that just takes me to the exiftool download page.

Any hints?

Thanks

Dan