[digiKam-users] Face tag position and image rotation

Maik Qualmann metzpinguin at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 12:34:17 BST 2021

Yes, the behavior has been changed. In the past, the face rectangles for the
aligned image were saved by digiKam. There is no standard and no information
on how the orientation was when the face rectangles were saved. But since all
other programs (except Windows Photo Gallery) like Picasa and others save the
face rectangles for the unaligned image, digiKam has changed the behavior.
Before you change your images, write the metadata from the database to the
images so that the new orientation is used. Incidentally, the face rectangles
are still stored in the digiKam database for the aligned image.

Maik