[digiKam-users] Face tag position and image rotation

Vlad-Mihai Sima vladmihaisima at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 12:12:58 BST 2021

Hello,

I have recently noticed (at least in versions 7.2 and 7.3, but not sure
since what version) that face tags for old pictures that are rotated are
not displayed correctly anymore.

If I take the old picture, clear the tags, manually tag the faces, then I
look at the values in the XMP region metadata in the file (using exiv2
command line utility to read them for example) it looks like now the face
tags coordinates are using the picture coordinates before the rotation.

If I look at the values in XMP regions metadata (using exiv2) in the old
picture, with the older face tags, the coordinates in that picture seem to
be from after the picture rotation.

I have checked and I have several pictures affected by this.

I would like to know if this is intentional or if it is a bug? If it is
intentional is there any script to convert to the new convention?

Thanks,
Vlad