[digiKam-users] Strange behavior with face module in DK7.2 - is my database broken?

Thomas D sdktda at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 12:07:28 BST 2021

Hello,

I experience some strange behavior with DK 7.2.

I have used the face recognition module since 7.1 and it works quite well.
However, lately I have been experiencing something odd:
For several people DK has been adding a section in the bottom of the
picture list for some person "Phillip" which I do not have in my
collection. I did have a person tagged called Phillip at some point, but I
decided to delete the tag.
Now what is odd is that DK keeps recognizing different other persons and
puts them in the "Phillip" section but under the real person.

So lets say I have a person called Anna. Then DK will find and recognize
actual pictures of Anna. Some of these pictures will end up in the top of
the image list for Anna. However som extra images - also actual pictures of
Anna - will show up in the bottom of the image list for Anna but under a
new section called Phillip.

I have two screenshots of how this looks for two different persons. None of
these are Phillip.
[image: image.png]

[image: image.png]

So my questions are:
Did I do something wrong when I deleted the Philip tag? (I think I just
right clicked the tag in the People list and then deleted it.) Or is this
some weird bug in DK? If so - is the above description enough to report it
if I add it to the bug tracker?

If I did something wrong - how do I fix it now?  Is my database broken?
And if I deleted the person/tag incorrectly, what is the right and safe way
of deleting a tag/person?