[digiKam-users] Face Recognition

Ronald Orenstein ron.orenstein at rogers.com
Wed Apr 14 00:13:07 BST 2021

I am having a number of issues with face recognition in Version 7.2.0 (Mac).  I admit that these are probably my fault!  However, it may be better to go through them one at a time, so I'll start with this one:
I have been recognizing and confirming faces, and then rescanning (which I assumed would improve recognition of unconfirmed and unknown images).  I had assumed that once I confirmed an identity, the program would skip that face and not ask me again who the person was.  However, I am finding that on many of my images the same face is "boxed" two or three times on the same image even though one of the boxes has been confirmed.  I do not want to be asked over and over again about the same face.  I realize I can skip previously scanned images, but as these images often have more than one person in them and not all are marked on the first search, I want to be able to scan them again and skip faces in that image that have been confirmed.  I would also like to be able to remove (in bulk) multiple face boxes on the same face as long as one of them has been confirmed.
Can this be done?
Ronald Orenstein
1825 Shady Creek Court
Mississauga, ON L5L 3W2