[digiKam-users] Standard work flow for using database portably?

Mark S. (DK) makigid at saliers.com
Fri Sep 25 17:56:44 BST 2020

I tried searching this online, but I kept ending up with conversations
from 2012.

I have a digikam database that I sometimes connect on a Linux machine,
and sometimes on a Windows machine. Obviously the paths to these two
different systems are very different. The relative relation between the
"collection" and the albums stays the same.

What is the standard method for operating between two systems? So far,
all I can find is that I have to use the sqlite browser and manually
change paths. Yet this method doesn't seem to be officially
acknowledged.

Is there a better way when you sometimes need to work on one system, and
sometimes on another?

Thank you!