[digiKam-users] digikam won't open on mac

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 12:23:40 BST 2020

 Hi,

Your error is due to Metal API from Apple unavailable on your MacOX version.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_(API)

Metal is only public with MacOS 10.13 (High Sierra), and digiKam is
compiled with a backward binary compatibility with this release.
Previous MacOS version will not work.

Best

Gilles Caulier