[digiKam-users] Thumbnails constantly refreshing on Mac version

Graeme Rubble graeme.rubble at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 10:16:09 BST 2020

I started using digikam around a year ago and absolutely love it. But one
issue has plagued me during every recent version - which is a constant
refresh of thumbnails (i.e. flickering) with some not even appearing
(i.e.the tile remains completely blank).

This makes using the system almost unusable (although I don't want to give
up!). Changing to Preview mode saves my sanity - but I wonder why I
continue to suffer this problem in Thumbnails mode.

Current version is 7.0.0 and I'm running it on macOS Catalina 10.15.6 (on a
2017 27" Retina 5K iMac with Radeon Pro 580 8GB graphics).

Hoping someone can help - thanks in advance :)