[digiKam-users] Face detection causes DK to crash

Thomas D sdktda at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 20:44:13 BST 2020

Hi,

I am trying to use face  detection on a ~500 GB collection.
Needless to say, it is running for a long time.
So I start it and leave the computer. When I return a few hours later,
digikam is no longer running. I have tried this several times now. It does
seem to quickly resume from where it left off. But this will take forever
if it cannot just chew through it.
I am guessing  something causes DK to crash. This is windows, so I have no
terminal log or anything. How do I find out what is cause DK to crash?

It does not seem that it is a particular image. Because then I would expect
DK to crash everytime it  reaches this specific image. And this does not
seem to be the case. Because progress do increase from run to run.

BR
Thomas