[digiKam-users] digiKam as default application

Rob Landau landaurob at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 11:43:31 BST 2020

I am trying to make digiKam my default application to open .jpg files on
Windows 10 and separately on Ubuntu 18.  In neither case does the OS list
digiKam as a possibility when I get to Settings > Aps > Default apps
(>MIcrosoft store) in W10, nor in "Open with other application" in Ubuntu
18. Image Viewer and Shotwell *are* listed, but not digiKam.  The program
works completely if launched first, as expected.