[digiKam-users] Digikam 7.1.0 crashes internal mysqli server on start with MacOs Catalina

Maik Qualmann metzpinguin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 21:46:55 BST 2020

MariaDB cannot start the InnoDB plugin. It looks like it can't create log
files or it can't be accessed. Here, too, I suspect that either digiKam or
MariaDB does not have the required rights to the file system. You can find
many issues related to MariaDB on the web after switching to Catalina.

Open a terminal and activate the debug output and start digiKam as described
here for MacOS:

https://www.digikam.org/contribute/

Maybe there is more information in the debug output.

Maik