[digiKam-users] Digikam 7.1.0 crashes internal mysqli server on start with MacOs Catalina

Remco Viëtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Thu Oct 22 10:19:29 BST 2020

On mercredi 21 octobre 2020 13:23:17 CEST Dr Janne Ohtonen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Would you have any idea why Digikam 7.1.0 won’t open the internal mysqli
> database on my Mac (Catalina)? This has never worked for me.

Do you mean that on previous tries MySQL wouldn't work either, or that it now
refuses to open the database that worked correctly before?

> You can find the Apple crash report and screenshots attached.
>
> Currently I can’t use the Digikam with this photo collection at all as it
> won’t open. I can’t use any database migration tools either as the internal
> sql server won’t start.

SQLite doesn't work either? Note that internal MySQL is marked as
"experimental" in your screenshot...

> Any ideas what’s wrong?

Well, the mysql.err mentions corrupt datafiles. Also, as a possible cause it
mentions the presence of files created during an earlier run that crashed or
was forcibly terminated (user intervention, power failure, ...).

Remco