[digiKam-users] How to show original date taken on image thumbnails

Budge ajebay at errichel.co.uk
Tue Nov 24 11:41:43 GMT 2020

On 19/11/2020 21:37, Hans-Peter Huth wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Nov 2020 20:58:41 +0000
> Budge <ajebay at errichel.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I am just starting out with digiKam and have started to assemble my
>> albums in one place to start tagging.  At present the digital images only
>> have the metadata from the images and the date shown on the copies I have
>> are dated with the date when file was copied not the date taken.
>>
> You can configure the preview (thumbnail) view to show date and other info,
> is this what you want?
>
> HP

Hi HP,
My problem is that I have used Imagemagick to convert my original fpx images from an old Kodak camera to jpg images but the metadata does not copy or at least I have not been able to enable this.  I can copy over the metadata fromthe fpx image to the jpg converted image using exiftool, which works well and gives me what I need but I was hoping I could get all I needed in the one step.  Meanwhile it was great to see the old test picture now with correct date on the thumbnail.
Thanks for your reply.
Budge
Still working on it