[digiKam-users] favorite

Thomas D sdktda at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 12:00:44 GMT 2020

Yeah, I would love that as well.
Or just some means of (temporarily) pin a folder to somewhere on the screen.
I work with thousands of albums. Some of what I do involve sorting
individual photos to different albums.
It is a huge pain to select several hundred photos individually from one
album and then having to scroll several screen lengths up or down in the
album  tree to locate the album I have to move them to. Then drag the files
over to this album.
Then I will typically have to go back to the source album again to find
more albums. If I could some how have a split view in the tree view - or
two tree views open in parallel. Or just a second DK Window like most MS
Office programs and LibreOffice programs have via "View --> New Window".
Then I would be able to just keep one view/window showing the destination
album ready for moving photos to it, while working in the other.
I have no idea if this is easy to implement but it would be a game changer
for me.