[digiKam-users] Bad, ok and I like it

Thomas D sdktda at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 12:13:00 GMT 2020

I have not really used  the colors og star ratings very much myself.
However, I do consider start using them.
But what I would like to use them for, I am not sure if it is possible.

For example, let's say I have been on some travel and taking a lot of
pictures. Much of these  are either poor quality or just not interesting
enough to show to other people.
I would like a quick way of generating a slide show or an exported folder
with copies or an HTML gallery with a compilation of the best photos in an
album. Or maybe across multiple albums. Maybe for an entire year or
something like that.

Is this possible with digikam?
How would I go about doing this?
Lets take the example that I want a copy of all the images with 5 star
rating for a specific year in order to print these images. How would I do
this with DK?