[digiKam-users] Slow raw processing

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 09:15:22 GMT 2020

Hi,

Raw processing is delegate in digiKam to libraw (https://www.libraw.org)

Libraw does not use video cards acceleration for compatibility and
stability purposes, but uses openmp to parallelize demosaicing
computation.

openmp support is optional in libraw. If your digiKam is not compiled
with openmp dependency, demosaicing will be processed on one core.

Check in Help/Components Info dialog in digiKam if openmp support is enabled.

Note: if you want to see libraw to support OpenCL and Co for video
card acceleration support, please report this wish on libraw github
project.

Best

Gilles Caulier