[digiKam-users] Accessing foto collections from different machines?

Tonio Kroeger tonio.kroeger1903 at gmail.com
Sat May 23 14:36:20 BST 2020

Hi all,

I am accessing my photo collection from different machines. Currently I do
this by "ssh -X". It is working, even via WLAN it is okay. My main issue is
that the remote machine is a laptop and sometimes is shutdown or suspended
and I have no chance to get informed before.

Now I setup my raspberrypi 4 as a nfs-server and for accessing the pictures
it is fine. So I am tempted to also copy the digikam-sqllite database on
this nfs-share. Now I learned from the doku that this is highly
discouraged. SQLlite does not load the database into main memory? In my
case just 131MB? Is there an alternate idea for my setting? I might set up
a mysql-server on the raspberrypi to hold the database?

Any hint is highly appreciated.

Tonio (Digikamuser for 10+ Years)