[digiKam-users] Moving photos and database to cloud

Andrew Goodbody ajg02 at elfringham.co.uk
Thu May 14 21:35:49 BST 2020

On 13/05/2020 14:48, Jay wrote:
> Any suggestion for the best way to move everything to the cloud? It
> seems like I could copy everything there, including the database files,
> start digikam and point it to the cloud folder. /home/jay/pictures --->
> /home/jay/pCloudDrive/pictures . Could it be that simple?

Do please note that using a sqlite database on a remote drive is
specifically warned against. This sort of configuration is extremely
vulnerable to network issues and that could easily lead to database
corruption. It is not supported by the developers and you would be
completely on your own if you choose to do it despite their warnings.

Andrew