[digiKam-users] Moving photos and database files

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Wed May 13 20:41:18 BST 2020

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 11:33:47AM -0700, digikam at 911networks.com wrote:
> On Wed, 13 May 2020 18:04:34 +0100
> Chris Green <cl at isbd.net> wrote:
>
> > It's also not clear what is meant by 'files' in the above options
> > and settings, are they image files, sidecar files, or both, or what?
>
> Usually, it's not a good idea to write to the image file unless the
> imagefile is a tiff or a jpeg.

Mine are JPEG (as come direct from camera), I simply want to be sure
that *all* my metadata is always in those files so that if I make sure
they're safe I have all my picture data.  If some data is in a
database somewhere else that is *much* more difficult to back up
securely I have a problem.

--
Chris Green